Announcing the 2013 Food Pyrenees Premiere!
It is our great pleasure to extend to you this special invitation to journey with Food Pyrenees to the enchanting world of southwest France:
March 23-31, 2013
Discover magnificent architecture and medieval villages, river valleys and rolling hills, rich history and exquisite cuisine!
Restaurateur and Chef Jean-François Martin has more than 20 years culinary experience at prestigious restaurants throughout France and the Caribbean before selecting southwest France to be the home of his own auberge. His kitchen is filled with heavenly aromas and a palette of resources that he insists he could not find anywhere else:
“Fresh fruits and vegetables, farm ducks and geese, fresh- and salt-water fish, wild mushrooms, black truffle, artisan cured meats, goat and ewe’s milk cheeses, even country table wines: all are of exceptional quality.”
In the spirit of this bountiful region, Jean-François is opening up his kitchen to pass on his savoir-faire: a select groups of envoyés will be treated to a Foodie’s Field Trip to France and bring home the secrets of French gastronomy and lifestyle.
As a special envoyé, you will be indulging in:
- four half-day hands-on gourmet cooking classes: feast on mouth-watering dishes of your own creation!
- all meals featuring delectable Mediterranean specialties and expertly paired wines from Bonjour! to Bon Voyage!
- eight nights boutique accommodation with all modern amenities: an elegant riverside hotel in cosmopolitan Toulouse, and a luxuriously furnished 13th-century fortified stone house in a hilltop village
- visits to local artisan food and wine producers: sample traditional breads, tangy cheeses, and acclaimed organic wines
- countless photo opportunities
For your comfort and enjoyment, the tour also includes:
- your full-time native trip leader, fluent in American English
- all entrance fees to scheduled activities and events: explore magnificent Romanesque architecture and timeless villages with colorful half-timbered arcades
- private local transportation and airport transfers
- detailed recipes and your own cooking certificate to take home
Only eight spots are available!